Friday, November 18, 2011

IT ISN"T A CHILD"S PLAY

Last afternoon my kids Tia aged 6 and Adi aged 11 came home from school.As their winter timing makes the arrival and departure time  30 min later than the normal time,they usually reach at 3.00pm in the afternoon which is pretty late -specially for my younger one.
Anyway as the concerned mother I make sure that they change soon and have their food .
But yesterday they were so tired they literally plunged into the sofa and didnt show any signs of  changing and coming for lunch.This of course was not accetable to me .And I decided to teach them a lesson.But before I could even start with my strict mommy routine, I decided to change course and sat down myself along with them.After promising them that they could have lunch in front of the TV I asked them about school and how their day had been.
Oh!they really had a lot to tell.
Their annual function's practice were going on in full swing and that particular day they had toiled the whole day,ad not been able to eat their tiffin ,had not even taken rest ,were busy performing their respective items with their groups many times-the D-day being two days later.
Not that I didnt know all this .
My little ones were composed enough not to have comlained about the whole thing .
As I said it isnt a child's play .Should learn from them.
Hoping to witness a wonderful annual day.
Shall write about it.
See you.

.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how much our kids can endure.My daughter too comes and relates incidents from school which leave me baffled but she doesn't seem to mind.I agree,we should learn from them.Best of luck to Tia and Adi for their annual day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very engrossing post. I hope both Adi and Tia did well in their respective Annual day Programs. I can understand that children become very tired after going on practising again & again for their programme. Of course, parents should support them and boost their morale.

    ReplyDelete